Being a cooperative gives The Alliance a unique responsibility to be member-centric. As The Alliance’s member services manager, it’s my job to make sure that member-centricity is taken seriously.
Making A Promise
The true hallmark of being member-centric is promising to listen to members and then act on what we learn. That’s a promise we try to live up to every day.
The Alliance seeks open communication with members in the manner that’s most convenient to you. That might mean visiting your workplace for a member services visit, talking on the telephone or exchanging emails.
Equally important, The Alliance reaches out to employers to actively collect their input. Opportunities include:
- Completing an annual Summary of Benefits and Coverage (SBC)/Summary Plan Description (SPD) survey.
- Joining user groups on special topics such as value-based insurance design and onsite medical clinics.
- Participating in employer advisory groups, which helped guide the development of QualityPath and periodically shape our approach to current
- Serving on the Health Policy Committee that shares the employer’s perspective on legislative and regulatory issues related to health benefits.
A Personal Promise
I’ve also got a personal promise for our members. As Member Services Manager, I promise to be member-centric by:
- Following up on commitments made to members and their employees.
- Responding to members’ questions with complete, understandable answers in a timely manner.
- Always seeking to understand members’ goals, both short-term and extended, and then responding with information on a proactive basis to achieve their goals.
- Being your partner on the health care journey that starts with benefit design and ends with healthy, productive employees.
Ask For What You Need
Sometimes, despite our best efforts to be member-centric, we may miss something that’s important to you. As we move forward together in our employer-owned cooperative, we encourage you to ask for what you need.
Whether it’s information, employee communications, plan design assistance or a member service visit, give us a call. We’re happy to help.
- How To Design a Health Benefits Plan That Saves Your Business Money - July 27, 2020
- Diving into the Details: Captive Comparison, Analysis & Value - June 5, 2018
- What’s Your Risk Appetite? - May 22, 2018