We recently wrapped up our site visits with the five hospitals that are the first to be designated under our QualityPath program.
The purpose of these visits was to confirm and celebrate the work the hospitals have done to meet the QualityPath standards. We also wanted our teams to get to know one another since they’ll work closely together to make sure each patient who goes through the program has a good experience.
These pioneering organizations include:
- St. Mary’s Hospital, Madison, Wis., for coronary artery bypass graft (CABG).
- St.Clare Hospital & Health Services, Baraboo, Wis., for knee replacement.
- Meriter Hospital, Madison, Wis, for knee replacement and total hip replacement.
- Monroe Clinic, Monroe, Wis., for knee replacement and total hip replacement.
- Rockford Memorial Hospital, Rockford, Ill., for knee replacement and total hip replacement.
The work they’ve done is truly impressive! Each visit was unique, but all included stories about how their efforts to meet the QualityPath criteria led to new insights or broader changes in how they deliver care. For example,
- The criteria related to appropriate use of high tech imaging requires new technology to be implemented throughout the health system, not just in cardiology or orthopedics. The result is that physicians access the latest evidence at the time they are ordering imaging tests, which helps ensure patients get the test they need and are not exposed to harm from unnecessary radiation.
- The criteria for shared decision-making require changes in workflows and new data collection systems. The result is that patients have a voice in their care when there is more than one treatment option.
- The bundled price and warranty requires a focus on resource use, as well as high quality care and good results for patients.
Employers must enroll in QualityPath to take advantage of the program. Many Alliance members are implementing this program throughout the year, rather than waiting for open enrollment. To sign up, or to learn more, call Paul Roelke, 800.223.4139 x6647.