Abbvie, Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company committed to helping improve the lives of individuals with chronic diseases. They have created a patient advocate program dedicated to two auto-immune diseases; Psoriasis and Crohn’s Disease.
This program is free for Alliance employers to use and promote to their employees and has been proven to help individuals tremendously with understanding and coping with their condition.
The goals of this program are to provide individuals with information to make them feel confident when they meet with their doctor. Here are some of the services Abbvie offers:
- Personal contact to overcome isolation
- Education on asking the right questions to find a specialist
- Serve as a conduit to community programs
- Share information on costs
- Follow-up post-visit to talk about next steps and goals
*The patient advocate program does not offer product, pharmaceutical or provider recommendations and there is no medical advice given.
There are also resources that are given out, including:
- My Journal for Psorasis
- Brochure on Psoriasis
- Living with Psoriasis, “There’s more than meets the eye”
- Crohn’s and Colitis Advocate Program
- An inside look to Crohn’s Disease & Ulcerative Colitis
- Patient Advocate Program
- And much more.
To learn more about Abbvie’s Patient Advocate Program visit the sites below:
If you have any questions, please contact Steven Bavaro, patient advocate manager at email@example.com, 630.319.9728.