It’s no accident that the most successful brokers and consultants are always learning.
It’s my privilege to work with brokers and consultants from Wisconsin, Illinois and Iowa. Along the way, I’ve noticed that brokers constantly seek information and ideas to help them advise self-funded employers.
If you’re a broker, you can boost your knowledge with The Alliance’s expanded courses on self-funding and health benefits. You have three options to explore.
1. Introduction to Self-Funding Courses
Want an introduction to self-funding or a refresher on the fundamentals? These courses will be offered on Sept. 6. They will also be available later this fall as webinars you can take from your desktop.
- Self-Funding 101: Understanding Critical Concepts
- Self-Funding 102: Managing the Transition to Self-Funding
Click here for details or to register.
Pass this offer along to other brokers who want to build a stronger background in self-funding.
2. Advanced Self-Funding Options
We’ll continue to help you gain CE in 2018, when we’ll offer advanced courses on self-funding. Course topics being considered include:
- Network evaluation
- Pharmacy costs and strategies
- Value-based benefit design (VBBD) and centers of excellence
- Employer best practices
Your insights about these topics will guide our courses. And watch your inbox for event details and a link to register.
3. Alliance Learning Circles
Alliance Learning Circle events feature national and regional experts on current topics.
You are welcome to attend and bring your clients, including both current Alliance members and prospects. CE credits are available for most Learning Circles; check our website for details.
These free events feature national and regional experts in health and health benefits. Here’s a sample of upcoming events:
- Breaking Myths in Health Care on Sept. 28 from 8 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. The keynote speaker is Dr. Aaron Carroll, who is an author; blogger on The Incidental Economist, professor of pediatrics at Indiana University School of Medicine; and host of the popular YouTube channel program Healthcare Triage.
- The Different Dimensions of Well-Being on Jan. 16, 2018, from 8 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. at the Alliant Energy Center. Look for speaker announcements in Moving Forward, our weekly email digest. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to subscribe.
Find the full schedule of current events on our website.
There’s More to Explore
We’re also developing webinars on special topics of interest to brokers and employers alike.
These events are designed to tackle a specific benefits topic in roughly an hour so you can expand your knowledge without derailing your schedule. CE credit will be sought for most events.
Our goal is to offer information and ideas that help you – and your clients – achieve more self-funding success.
- How To Design a Health Benefits Plan That Saves Your Business Money - July 27, 2020
- Diving into the Details: Captive Comparison, Analysis & Value - June 5, 2018
- What’s Your Risk Appetite? - May 22, 2018