This checklist is provided as a guide to help Consultants, Brokers & Employers identify the tasks that need to be completed prior to the effective date.
The following should be completed 30 days prior to the effective date of the plan accessing The Alliance network. If these details are missed, it may delay claims processing.
- The plan administrator has been notified that The Alliance will be utilized.
- The effective date of the plan is determined and communicated to The Alliance.
- The Alliance Membership Agreement is signed and sent to The Alliance.
- The Alliance New Group Set-up Form is completed and sent to The Alliance.
- A copy of the ID card is provided to The Alliance for our review prior to printing.
- Copies of the plan(s) Summary of Benefits and Coverage (SBC) and Summary Plan Description (SPD) are sent to The Alliance.
- Initial fees paid to The Alliance.
*Information indicated can be sent to the Business Development Manager you are working with.
Tips for a Successful Implementation
- Schedule a planning meeting to discuss onboarding between the Employer, Consultant, Broker, Plan Administrator and The Alliance.
- Prepare a communication to the plan participants about The Alliance Online Provider Directory.
- Review the member resources section of The Alliance website for helpful information, tools and open enrollment resources.
- Invite an Alliance representative to attend any scheduled employee orientations or benefit fairs (if needed).
- Ask about additional discounts available through Alliance partners (e.g. Delta Dental, National CooperativeRx, etc.)
- Schedule an introduction meeting between our newest cooperative member (employer) and your Alliance Account Executive.