Help The Alliance Move Health Care Forward!
The Alliance serves as the voice for employers that self-fund their health benefit plans and want more control over their costs. We offer custom provider networks (SmarterNetworks℠) that drive serious savings for our clients while drastically improving their employees’ access to high-value health care.
We’re smart, confident, and optimistic; we have an undeniable passion for – and commitment to – improving the well-being of our clients and their employees. This is our life’s work, driven by our shared values; we take it seriously but do it with a smile. If you are looking to challenge yourself, expand your learning, and grow your career in a supportive, mission-oriented culture, The Alliance may be the organization for you. We are seeking a self-motivated and results-oriented individual to join The Alliance team as an Account Executive.
As an Account Executive, you will be working directly with the clients of The Alliance cooperative, connecting the needs of the employers with the products and services of The Alliance in order to reduce the employers’ health care costs in ways that improve health care quality and engage people in their health.
The Account Executive is responsible for maintaining and growing an assigned book of business by understanding the changing needs of the current clients (employers) and connecting them with Alliance services of value to them. The role also builds productive relationships with brokers and third-party administrators (TPAs) and is expected to be the subject matter expert on marketplace alternatives in the assigned customer segment. The Account Executive helps The Alliance fulfill its mission by bringing meaningful voice of the customer feedback into the organization Growing revenue through additional products or additional covered employees, when it’s in the best interest of the employer, is also a key part of this critical role.
The Account Executive is responsible for these critical tasks:
- Create, execute, and track account management plans for an assigned book of business that will meet or exceed the retention target.
- Help develop and execute broker and Third-Party Administrators (TPA) strategies to meet or exceed overall membership targets.
- Interpret and effectively communicate Alliance data and reports to accounts and brokers so they can make decisions and implement improvements based on the information.
- Through active listening, gather insights and bring the voice of the customer back to The Alliance.
- Represent The Alliance and the brand in the marketplace.
- Work collaboratively with other departments such as Marketing Communications, Provider Contracting, Data Analysis, Claims, Accounting and more to fulfill account needs and resolve account problems.
The ideal candidate has strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills and is highly skilled in active listening and consultative selling. In addition they will be:
- Experienced in account management (a minimum of three years’ experience). Health plan offerings and self-funding knowledge preferred.
- Creative and resourceful.
- Articulate and practiced in presenting ideas to a wide variety of audiences, whether in person or in writing and must possess excellent questioning and listening skills.
- Able to analyze, problem-solve, synthesize multiple concepts and think strategically.
- Able to travel up to 30% statewide with the occasional overnight stay.
- Candidates should have a bachelor’s degree in business administration, marketing, human resources, or related field and able to obtain Wisconsin Life and Health licenses within six months of employment.
As a not-for-profit cooperative, The Alliance is employer-owned and remains a trusted, objective partner for employers and their brokers who seek improved access to high-quality healthcare.
We’re Madison-based, but we work with 300+ employers across the Midwest and contract with over 32,000 doctors and health care providers in the region. Our goal is to help employers better manage their healthcare costs while remaining transparent and emphasizing value – creating healthier, more engaged workforces.
The Alliance is celebrating over 30 years as a mission-driven and member-focused collective with experienced leadership and strong organizational departments backed by top talent. By joining The Alliance, you’ll become part of a passionate, collaborative, and supportive organization: one that fosters meaningful connections and relationships with high levels of employee engagement and satisfaction.
Our health plan is self-funded, which means we share the same interests and use the same tools that we offer our clients. We lead by example because when we take care of our employees, they take care of our clients (and their employees.)
We set our employees up for success, encouraging not only their professional advancement but also their personal growth. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package, including health/dental/vision/life insurances, a generous Staff Incentive Bonus program, 401(k), and annual Continuing Education and Wellness benefits.
To learn more about The Alliance visit www.the-alliance.org
The Alliance is unable to provide sponsorship for a H1-B work visa at this time.
Equal Opportunity Employer.