Help ensure The Alliance maintains high levels of employee satisfaction and engagement!
The Alliance moves health care forward by controlling costs, improving quality, and engaging individuals in their health. As a not-for-profit, employer-owned cooperative, we exist to help our members manage their health care dollars while positively impacting their employees’ health.
This newly created role will lead the Human Resources function at The Alliance. Leading this function includes employee relations and engagement; workforce planning; talent acquisition; employee development; performance management; compensation; benefits; employment policy; and Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) work. This is an HR solo practitioner role.
The HR Manager
- Develop and maintain relationships at all levels of the organization that inspire trust, confidence, and respect.
- Partner with Alliance Leaders to maintain a culture of accountability to our values as a driver of high levels of employee satisfaction and engagement.
- Support Alliance Leaders to ensure HR strategy and programs are aligned with decisions affecting the business and our employees. Work with all supervisors to implement HR programs in their areas of responsibility.
- Provide HR perspective and solutions to business challenges (business changes, regulatory changes, industry changes, etc.). Identify problems that impact the business, anticipate obstacles to success, and provide proactive recommendations towards solutions.
- Work with DEI Committee, Leadership Team and external consultants to develop and then lead diversity, equity, and inclusion initiatives, influencing, championing, and implementing organizational strategies to further The Alliance’s DEI goals.
- Embed DEI metrics (to be developed) into policies, practices and procedures
- Accountable for employee relations to ensure business practices and company policies are equitable, inclusive, and consistent with The Alliance’s core business values and objectives.
- Apply an understanding of employment law, regulations, and policies to protect the interests of The Alliance and individual employees. Maintain, update, and communicate company policies. Accountable for oversight of employee personnel records.
- Lead workforce planning, working closely with Leadership to project staffing changes based on business needs, recommending steps based on best practices, and implementing through leaders and supervisors.
- Manage and execute full-cycle recruiting processes to meet talent staffing goals. To include collaborating with hiring managers and interview teams to ensure job requirements and expectations are clearly defined and candidates are assessed against appropriate criteria aligned with DEI objectives.
- Define and promote an employment brand that drives the attraction of high-performing and diverse talent.
- Design, direct, and deliver onboarding processes that ensure new employee experience from recruitment through first year aligns with The Alliance’s values and goals, integrates new staff into The Alliance community, shortens the time it takes for new employees to contribute to the organization, and increases engagement and retention.
- Design, direct, and ensure implementation and effectiveness of the company’s performance evaluation process to support a culture of high performance. To include coaching and training managers on developing and setting performance standards, conducting employee performance evaluations, and managing performance issues.
- Lead employee development, serving as a catalyst for skill development with employees and supervisors.
- Facilitate succession planning to ensure business continuity as well as identify and capitalize on opportunities for staff development and career growth.
- Provide internal consulting and organizational development services to departments, including facilitating conflict resolution, team building, leadership development, as well as interpersonal and operational effectiveness.
- Provide supervisors with the training, processes, systems, and support they need to be effective in their roles. Ensure processes and systems that support recruitment, orientation, performance management, etc., are well understood and evolve and improve as needed.
- Develop and maintain the Company’s job architecture and compensation structure. Ensure compensation programs remain market competitive, cost-effective, inclusive, legally compliant, and aligned with The Alliance’s rewards philosophy and business needs
- Advise and influence business leaders on benefit program effectiveness, competitiveness, design, education, and communication, ensuring that an inclusive and innovative mindset is forefront in decisions about benefits plan design.
- Provide ongoing communication and education to employees about the value of their total rewards packages.
- Manage benefits program administration and enrollment processes.
In addition to having HR expertise, the ideal candidate will possess a bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience) in Human Resources or a related field and have a minimum of eight years of HR experience. The successful candidate will be able to:
- Build trusting relationships with all employees
- Work collaboratively in teams and work well independently
- Manage and execute projects
- Communicate effectively, both written and verbal
- Demonstrate discretion and confidentiality
- Problem-solve and make recommendations
- Complete both tactical and strategic HR priorities
- Experience leading DEI initiatives and a dedication to creating a positive work experience that fosters a sense of belonging.
This hybrid role requires the ability to work in the office approximately 50%.
As a not-for-profit cooperative, The Alliance is employer-owned and remains a trusted, objective partner for employers and their brokers who seek improved access to high-quality healthcare.
We’re Madison-based, but we work with 300+ employers across the Midwest and contract with over 34,000 doctors and other health care providers in the region. Our goal is to help employers better manage their healthcare costs while remaining transparent and emphasizing value – creating healthier, more engaged workforces.
The Alliance is celebrating over 30 years as a mission-driven and member-focused collective with experienced leadership and strong organizational departments backed by top talent. By joining The Alliance, you’ll become part of a passionate, collaborative, and supportive organization: one that fosters meaningful connections and relationships with high levels of employee engagement and satisfaction.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) are critical for The Alliance to realize Our Vision and attract, retain, and excite exceptional people. The Alliance is committed to embedding DEI into our culture such that diverse experience and perspectives are valued and welcomed, driving innovative solutions for our employer members, employees, and their families.
Our health plan is self-funded, which means we share the same interests and use the same tools that we offer our clients. We lead by example because when we take care of our employees, they take care of our clients (and their employees).
We set our employees up for success, encouraging not only their professional advancement but also their personal growth. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package, including health/dental/vision/life insurances, a generous Staff Incentive Bonus program, 401(k), and annual Continuing Education and Wellness benefits.
To learn more about The Alliance click here.
The Alliance is unable to provide sponsorship for a H1-B work visa at this time.
Equal Opportunity Employer.