Provide critical input into The Alliance’s brand!
The Alliance moves health care forward by controlling costs, improving quality, and engaging individuals in their health. As a not-for-profit, employer-owned cooperative, we exist to help our members manage their health care dollars while positively impacting their employees’ health.
The Marketing Content Specialist provides writing and editing as part of ongoing efforts to raise market and brand awareness for The Alliance. In addition, this position assistsin the development ofeffective communications and marketing materials for Alliance employers, providers, internal staff, and all business partners.
- Act as lead copywriter for all marketing messaging including paid media, email, website, blogs, press releases, case studies, infographics, industry reports, white papers, direct mail, etc. This includes researching, writing, and editing marketing content to advance thought leadership, attract prospects, educate existing customers, collaborate with partners, and build a strong brand presence. Works collaboratively with internal groups to help meet their needs for marketing communications that engage employer-members, attract prospects, appeal to consumers, and meet Alliance objectives for interacting with other important audiences such as brokers, TPAs, legislators, and providers.
- Coordinate efforts to repurpose materials as part of an overall content marketing strategy, including posting on social media, blogs, advertorials, etc. Our goal is to repeatably use our well-performing content in multiple areas.
- Serve as an essential contributor to the marketing team, reporting to the Director of Marketing and working with colleagues on all aspects of content development. Tasks may include executing marketing plans; crafting video messaging; promoting products, services, and events; assisting in public relations efforts; and supporting legislative outreach.
- In conjunction with the Director of Marketing, develop an editorial calendar around key topics for the website, blog, paid and earned media, etc. to ensure we have topics readily available and are publishing and promoting similar content across channels and adjusting the content for their respective channels.
- Lead social media initiatives, with assigned responsibility for developing a plan around all social media channels (LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter) and writing content for and engaging on those platforms. Monitors social media developments to recognize opportunities for The Alliance.
- Skillfully move major marketing communications projects from concept through review and distribution.
- Works with the marketing team to lead e-newsletters, including planning; writing; editing; and distributing with the Design team.
- Provides support for events as part of the marketing team. This may include creating marketing materials and supporting events on-site.
- Takes an active role on the marketing team to help generate ideas, organize sales tactics, and execute communication plans. This work includes: understanding, communicating, and applying emerging marketing and communications trends to daily work; assisting in the development and implementation of marketing plans specific to products and services and The Alliance brand positioning; developing other communications required by marketing plans and current needs, including press releases, webinars, brochures, invitations, cover letters, sell sheets, e-mail broadcasts, video scripts and Power Point™ presentations; thinking “visually” to help translate topics into charts, infographics, videos, photos, and other visual elements that can be repurposed, to help advance The Alliance’s goals; and serving as a champion of readability to lead all writing, editing, and proofreading tasks.
In addition to being creative and collaborative, the ideal candidate will possess a bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, or a related field (or equivalent experience) and have a minimum of five years’ experience. Marketing or journalistic writing background is required. Web and social media experience, including writing for SEO, is preferred. Proven ability to produce copy in a timely manner is essential. Must be versatile and able to handle a wide variety of writing projects as well as assist in print or online production. Capable of using Microsoft Office extensively and effective in process and project management. Experience in cooperative organizations, health benefits, public policy, and/or health care is desired.
As a not-for-profit cooperative, The Alliance is employer-owned and remains a trusted, objective partner for employers and their brokers who seek improved access to high-quality healthcare.
We’re Madison-based, but we work with 300+ employers across the Midwest and contract with over 34,000 doctors and other health care providers in the region. Our goal is to help employers better manage their healthcare costs while remaining transparent and emphasizing value – creating healthier, more engaged workforces.
The Alliance is celebrating over 30 years as a mission-driven and member-focused collective with experienced leadership and strong organizational departments backed by top talent. By joining The Alliance, you’ll become part of a passionate, collaborative, and supportive organization: one that fosters meaningful connections and relationships with high levels of employee engagement and satisfaction.
Our health plan is self-funded, which means we share the same interests and use the same tools that we offer our clients. We lead by example because when we take care of our employees, they take care of our clients (and their employees.)
We set our employees up for success, encouraging not only their professional advancement but also their personal growth. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package, including health/dental/vision/life insurances, a generous Staff Incentive Bonus program, 401(k), and annual Continuing Education and Wellness benefits.
We offer flexible scheduling, including working 4 ½ days/week during the summer. Additionally, post-training, this position can mostly work remote – if desired – with the periodic need to attend in-person meetings with teammates or other key stakeholders.
To learn more about The Alliance click here.
The Alliance is unable to provide sponsorship for a H1-B work visa at this time.
Equal Opportunity Employer.