Help The Alliance Move Health Care Forward!
The Alliance serves as the voice for employers that self-fund their health benefit plans and want more control over their costs. We offer custom provider networks (SmarterNetworks℠) that drive serious savings for our clients while drastically improving their employees’ access to high-value health care.
If you want to make a difference in health care, are looking to challenge yourself, expand your learning, and grow your career in a supportive, mission-oriented culture, The Alliance may be the organization for you.
The Marketing and Events Specialist is a self-motivated person who helps coordinate projects and enhance The Alliance brand and market position as a trusted advisor in employee benefits. This position is an essential contributor to the marketing team in support of The Alliance’s strategic marketing plan. This position interacts with and influences a wide variety of stakeholders, including speakers, vendors, Alliance senior management, and other departments.
- Research speakers and topics to help develop appealing content for Alliance events. Stays abreast of health care benefits trends to ensure The Alliance uses events as a visible way to fulfill its brand promise of moving health care forward.
- Maintains knowledge of current and likely trends in event planning to ensure The Alliance continues to deliver meaningful, well-attended, and cost-effective events.
- Helps develop and manage events themes, goals, and determination of in-person vs. virtual, etc.
- Coordinates with speakers to support events plan, including negotiating speaker fees; handling speaker logistics for travel; pre- or post-event speaker dinners or meetings; and thank-you gifts.
- Coordinates events arrangements including determining and booking locations, supervising arrangements with site representatives, and contributing to the post-event evaluation process.
- Coordinates event promotion to engage current members and meet attendance targets.
- Actively prospects and sells event sponsorships.
- Serves as point of contact and host for the day of the event using superior customer service.
- Works with Alliance leadership to look for speaking engagements relevant to their expertise and assists them in applying for the engagement.
- Helps generate ideas, organize promotions, and execute communication plans.
- Managing processes and timelines for marketing team initiatives, including the editorial calendar, and ensuring all projects are delivered on time and within budget.
- Meeting with key stakeholders on cross-department projects to identify needs, clearly communicate roles for process execution, and ensure projects run smoothly.
- Assisting in the skillful movement of major marketing communications projects from concept through review and distribution. This includes acting as a liaison between The Alliance and the marketing agency or other cross-functional departments on projects.
- Serving as a champion of readability to help The Alliance target its materials to its appropriate audience, which may include employers, consumers, brokers, prospects, legislators, or other groups. This may include writing, editing, and proofreading, as well as ensuring content aligns with brand standards of The Alliance.
- Assisting in development and implementation of marketing plans specific to products and services and The Alliance brand positioning, as assigned.
- Understanding, communicating, and applying emerging marketing and communications trends to daily work.
- Supports other relevant activities as assigned by the Director of Marketing & Products.
The ideal candidate has strong project management, organization, and deadline management skills and experienced in research and marketing concepts. In addition, s/he will be:
- Creative, versatile, and resourceful.
- Able to present ideas to a wide variety of stakeholders, whether in person or in writing and must possess excellent questioning and listening skills.
- Able to collaborate, problem solve, and thrive in a mission-driven fast-paced environment.
- Five years’ minimum experience in marketing and event management, ideally in employee benefits, health care, or cooperative environments.
Candidates should have a bachelor’s degree in marketing, business administration, or related field (or equivalent experience).
As a not-for-profit cooperative, The Alliance is employer-owned and remains a trusted, objective partner for employers and their brokers who seek improved access to high-quality healthcare.
We’re Madison-based, but we work with 300+ employers across the Midwest and contract with over 32,000 doctors and health care providers in the region. Our goal is to help employers better manage their healthcare costs while remaining transparent and emphasizing value – creating healthier, more engaged workforces.
The Alliance is celebrating over 30 years as a mission-driven and member-focused collective with experienced leadership and strong organizational departments backed by top talent. By joining The Alliance, you’ll become part of a passionate, collaborative, and supportive organization: one that fosters meaningful connections and relationships with high levels of employee engagement and satisfaction.
Our health plan is self-funded, which means we share the same interests and use the same tools that we offer our clients. We lead by example because when we take care of our employees, they take care of our clients (and their employees.)
We set our employees up for success, encouraging not only their professional advancement but also their personal growth. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package, including health/dental/vision/life insurances, a generous Staff Incentive Bonus program, 401(k), and annual Continuing Education and Wellness benefits.
To learn more about The Alliance click here.
The Alliance is unable to provide sponsorship for a H1-B work visa at this time.
Equal Opportunity Employer.