Help The Alliance Move Health Care Forward!
The Alliance serves as the voice for employers that self-fund their health benefit plans and want more control over their costs. We offer custom provider networks (SmarterNetworks℠) that drive serious savings for our clients while drastically improving their employees’ access to high-value health care.
If you want to make a difference in health care, are looking to challenge yourself, expand your learning, and grow your career in a supportive, mission-oriented culture, The Alliance may be the organization for you.
The Product Manager supports the organization in achieving its strategic goals and mission by managing a book of assigned products and services and helping to develop new products and services to meet the needs of our employer-members. This role is responsible for new product development and the management of existing products and services. The Product Manager is responsible for crafting a strategy for each assigned product and service, developing goals that reflect how the product supports the organizational goals, and managing the product and budget to those goals. This role participates in conducting market research and provides process expertise to ensure The Alliance executes and delivers products that support the goals and changing needs of its employer-members.
- Lead and assist in evaluating, recommending, and developing external-facing products and services.
- Work closely with required cross-functional teams including Business Development, Account Management, Claims and Customer Service, Provider Relations and Network Development, and Marketing to bring products and services to market.
- Manage ongoing product and service enhancements for assigned products.
- Manage new and ongoing vendor relationships for assigned products, including establishing effective working relationships to ensure they meet negotiated contract terms.
- Research and monitor industry trends and best practices for health care and employee benefits.
- Assist with content strategy and development of educational events including, but not limited to, identifying regional and national speakers.
- Assist in creating and managing an organizational product management strategy, with a focus on new product development.
- Establish project management standards and processes to be used on internal cross developmental initiatives
- Design and implement assigned new products from concept to launch while integrating the voice of the customer throughout the process. Project manage cross-departmental workplans.
- Develop and monitor metrics to assess product viability in the marketplace (existing and future) and effectiveness in achieving goals. Integrate the voice of the customer during this monitoring and evaluation phase.
- Prepare accurate forecasts and budgets for product demand based on an understanding of the market and channels.
- Contribute to related promotional activities working in collaboration with Marketing, Account Management, and Business Development.
- Actively monitor competitive activities related to product lines and marketing strategy.
- Negotiate and maintain relationships with strategic partners other than vendors.
- Model formal product management processes to help the rest of the organization learn.
The ideal candidate is experienced in research, sales, and marketing concepts. In addition the candidate will be:
- Excellent at building relationships both externally and internally
- Able to successfully negotiate with stakeholders to create buy-in, while maintaining the integrity and effectiveness of the product
- Able to articulate the needs to the marketplace, develop product positioning to meet those needs in a way that leverages the organizational differentiators, and understand the industry forces that impact a product.
- Able to present ideas to a wide variety of stakeholders, whether through presentations, interpersonal, or written communication skills.
- A creative problem-solver with strong project management skills and skilled in price modeling.
Candidates should have a bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, or a related field (or equivalent experience) and a minimum of five years’ experience in product management and/or product development. Prior experience with health benefits, health care, or related consulting are strongly preferred.
As a not-for-profit cooperative, The Alliance is employer-owned and remains a trusted, objective partner for employers and their brokers who seek improved access to high-quality healthcare.
We’re Madison-based, but we work with 300+ employers across the Midwest and contract with over 32,000 doctors and other health care providers in the region. Our goal is to help employers better manage their healthcare costs while remaining transparent and emphasizing value – creating healthier, more engaged workforces.
The Alliance is celebrating over 30 years as a mission-driven and member-focused collective with experienced leadership and strong organizational departments backed by top talent. By joining The Alliance, you’ll become part of a passionate, collaborative, and supportive organization: one that fosters meaningful connections and relationships with high levels of employee engagement and satisfaction.
Our health plan is self-funded, which means we share the same interests and use the same tools that we offer our clients. We lead by example because when we take care of our employees, they take care of our clients (and their employees.)
We set our employees up for success, encouraging not only their professional advancement but also their personal growth. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package, including health/dental/vision/life insurances, a generous Staff Incentive Bonus program, 401(k), and annual Continuing Education and Wellness benefits.
To learn more about The Alliance click here.
The Alliance is unable to provide sponsorship for a H1-B work visa at this time.
Equal Opportunity Employer.