Be a valued contributor to The Alliance’s mission to Move Healthcare Forward.
The Alliance moves health care forward by controlling costs, improving quality, and engaging individuals in their health. As a not-for-profit, employer-owned cooperative, we exist to help our members manage their health care dollars while positively impacting their employees’ health.
The Provider Relations Coordinator will support The Colorado Purchasing Alliance (TCPA) in its contracting efforts and is responsible for maintaining all systems related to the collection and recording of essential provider data, educating TCPA participating providers on the program including development of educational materials.
This is a part-time position with flexible hours and the opportunity to work 100% remotely.
- Conduct provider education regarding TCPA network operations including but not limited to
- Meetings with Provider systems to ensure understanding of the program and troubleshoot issues
- Focused outreach to providers regarding claims filing issues
- Educational materials for TCPA to adopt and use in their contracting efforts
- Assist with providers with claims processing concerns
- Facilitate ongoing communication regarding new membership/TPAs to program
- Assist with review and process new or changed provider listings and other records in support of TCPA’s provider contracting efforts.
- Communicate updates to internal and external contacts as necessary.
- Assist TCPA staff with identification of prospective providers.
- Coordinate provider mailings.
- Create and distribute business communications to a variety of audiences.
- Prepare and deliver Provider Demographic file verification materials to providers.
- Receive and implement provider responses and updates, following up directly and responding to questions or concerns with the verification process.
- Establish, develop, and nurture a positive relationship with the providers in TCPA network and the health care communities they serve.
- Establish and maintain a reputation with providers that is positive, accessible, and user-friendly and a good “corporate face” with potential partners in both the provider and employer communities.
- Education equivalent to a high school education and advanced coursework in word processing and business.
- At least two years of office experience, preferably in a healthcare or insurance setting.
- Experience working with physician demographic data, managed care contracts and/or claims data.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong computer skills, including experience with Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Adobe for creating and editing PDFs.
As a not-for-profit cooperative, The Alliance is employer-owned and remains a trusted, objective partner for employers and their brokers who seek improved access to high-quality healthcare.
We’re Madison-based, but we work with 300+ employers across the Midwest and contract with over 34,000 doctors and other health care providers in the region. Our goal is to help employers better manage their healthcare costs while remaining transparent and emphasizing value – creating healthier, more engaged workforces.
The Alliance is celebrating over 30 years as a mission-driven and member-focused collective with experienced leadership and strong organizational departments backed by top talent. By joining The Alliance, you’ll become part of a passionate, collaborative, and supportive organization, one that fosters meaningful connections and relationships with high levels of employee engagement and satisfaction.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) are critical for The Alliance to realize Our Vision and attract, retain, and excite exceptional people. The Alliance is committed to embedding DEI into our culture such that diverse experience and perspectives are valued and welcomed, driving innovative solutions for our employer members, employees, and their families.
Our health plan is self-funded, which means we share the same interests and use the same tools that we offer our clients. We lead by example because when we take care of our employees, they take care of our clients (and their employees). We set our employees up for success, encouraging not only their professional advancement but also their personal growth. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package, including health/dental/vision/life insurances, a generous Staff Incentive Bonus program, 401(k), and annual Continuing Education and Wellness benefits.
The Alliance is committed to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To learn more about The Alliance click here.