Help us make healthcare more affordable! As a not-for-profit coalition of self-funded employers, we write and maintain healthcare provider contracts defining healthcare reimbursement terms for more than 100K people in the Midwest US.
We help our employers find value by building Smarter Networks and developing tools and resources for employers and patients to make better use of the broad diversity of Health care providers.
In this role you will work in conjunction with a small and growing team of analysts and developers to improve our operational and analytic data systems and tools to support more novel health care payment concepts. The role will work extensively with SQL data sets of provider, employer and medical claims related data. The successful candidate should have familiarity with health care data, fluency with the SQL language and associated tools, and comfort with .net Development based architectures. As part of a growing team, you will work closely with other departments to define and refine projects with a singular aim of improving how healthcare is performed and ultimately paid for
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Write SQL queries across a custom database to select data of interest for reporting, troubleshooting and testing across multiple tables.
- Perform updates, insertions and deletions to SQL test and operational data to meet operational needs.
- Troubleshoot, write and maintain SQL Server Agent jobs, SQL Server Integration Service Packages and SQL Reporting packages.
- Troubleshoot, debug and develop Microsoft .net packages that incorporate C# and VB languages.
- Work within a team construct to adhere to coding guidelines and best practice recommendations to document, develop and maintain computational tools.
- Ability to interpret and translate technical documentation to integrate local data with online data services.
- Queries databases to look for, identify, and resolve inconsistencies in data over time.
- Identify key drivers of analytic trends through troubleshooting and high-level analysis.
- Able to document and summarize observed issues for an executive audience.
- Performs application code testing and analysis to ensure integrated code performs as intended.
- Lead the development and technical analysis to compute performance of contracts as a relative percentage of Medicare payment in conjunction with other business analysts.
- Comfortable working with a wide variety of audiences with different levels of technical proficiency.
- Able to help interpret and translate requests for data, tools and development into actionable requirements and design.
- Assesses and understands tradeoffs and makes recommendations to help solve problems efficiently and in a repeatable way.
- As Assigned
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: N/A
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform successfully, an individual must be able to carry out the essential duties satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience: Equivalent of bachelor’s degree in actuarial sciences, mathematics, economics, computer science, or engineering with an emphasis and interest in data analytics. Minimum of 5 years of office experience and proven experience in development, data analytics are required, preferably in a healthcare or insurance setting with experience in various Healthcare payment methodologies. Experience with SQL
Language Skills: Strong written and verbal communication skills. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively and professionally with customers or employees of the organization. Comfortable with writing technical descriptions and documentation. Accurately interpret verbal requests and instructions. Familiarity with medical and insurance / payment terminology.
Behavioral Skills: Communicate early and often with stakeholders through asynchronous and synchronous communications to set and refine expectations. Be able to independently identify key tradeoffs between different solutions designs, recommend, and implement paths forward. Strive to make data and tools easier for end users to use and work to understand how different types of users use developed tools.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to calculate and apply figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, percentages to practical situations. Able to complete detailed and complex analysis. Strong relational database experience and analytical thinking
Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems independently and to anticipate the downstream impact of changes to other areas of the organization. Comfortable with Boolean Logic, deductive and inductive reasoning, ability to see patterns in data and interpret them for others. Ability to view and interpret data from several perspectives.
Other Skills and Abilities:
Knowledge and experience of appropriate software with demonstrated commitment to acquire additional knowledge in an efficient self-directed manner.
Knowledge of most Microsoft Office programs including Word, Excel and PowerPoint is required.
Technical expertise regarding data models, database design and data mining.
Strong knowledge of and experience with databases (SQL etc.).
Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
Adept at queries writing, debugging, testing, and troubleshooting computational processes.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit and use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described below are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- This position may require occasional travel.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) are critical for The Alliance to realize Our Vision and attract, retain, and excite exceptional people. The Alliance is committed to embedding DEI into our culture such that diverse experience and perspectives are valued and welcomed, driving innovative solutions for our employer members, employees, and their families.
DISCLAIMER: The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.