Help The Alliance Move Health Care Forward!
The Alliance serves as the voice for employers that self-fund their health benefit plans and want more control over their costs. We offer custom provider networks (SmarterNetworks℠) that drive serious savings for our clients while drastically improving their employees’ access to high-value health care.
If you want to make a difference in health care, are looking to challenge yourself, expand your learning, and grow your career in a supportive, mission-oriented culture, The Alliance may be the organization for you.
In this Vice President role, you will be responsible for planning, coordinating, directing, and controlling the operational and financial needs of the company in alignment with the mission, vision, and values of the cooperative and in accordance with state and federal regulations. This executive position provides leadership to finance, IT, business planning, claims operations, and key outsourced services. The right candidate will be an experienced and passionate leader of people, empowering a team to perform at exceptional levels. Of equal importance is your ability to communicate, build relationships, and work collaboratively with other members of The Alliance team.
Our Vice President of Finance and Operations will:
- Advocate for the mission, vision, values, objectives, and policies of the organization, provide leadership by instilling positive energy in support of the overall mission of the organization, and assist in ensuring employees and work plans are aligned with the overall business strategy.
- Lead the development of the organization’s yearly operational plan.
- Attend Board meetings, support the Board and its committees, and report on operational and financial issues as requested by the CEO.
- Serve as a member of the organization’s Leadership Team to provide guidance and direction for the viability of the entire organization.
- Provide leadership and oversight of accounting policies and functions to ensure the financial integrity of the organization.
- Establish, coordinate, and administer a plan for the financial control and well-being of the organization including budgeting, financial reporting, investing, cash and reserve management, and risk management.
- Lead the process to analyze and select appropriate financing mechanisms and legal/organizational infrastructure to support new business models.
- Provide leadership for the Claims Operations function, including repricing, eligibility, and customer service.
- Provide leadership for the health information data warehouse as it pertains to analysis and reporting for internal users and external customers.
- Serve as lead privacy official, responsible for the controlled access to – and proper disclosure and disposal of – protected information, including private health information.
- Partner with other leaders to ensure a strong human resources function for the organization, focusing on ensuring the compensation and benefits package remains competitive.
The ideal candidate is a skilled business leader with an ability to build relationships and work collaboratively, bothinternally and externally. Additionally, the candidate will have:
- Impeccable ethics
- Excellent listening, written, verbal, and presentation skills
- The ability to analyze, problem-solve, synthesize multiple concepts, and think strategically
- A capacity for innovation and change
- A Master’s degree, or equivalent experience, plus ten years’ of progressive and varied experience
- A successful track record in business planning and operations including finance and IT leadership. Experience in health care or insurance, including claims operations, strongly preferred
- At least three years of team leadership and development experience.
As a not-for-profit cooperative, The Alliance is employer-owned and remains a trusted, objective partner for employers and their brokers who seek improved access to high-quality healthcare.
We’re Madison-based, but we work with 300+ employers across the Midwest and contract with over 32,000 doctors and other health care providers in the region. Our goal is to help employers better manage their healthcare costs while remaining transparent and emphasizing value – creating healthier, more engaged workforces.
The Alliance is celebrating over 30 years as a mission-driven and member-focused collective with experienced leadership and strong organizational departments backed by top talent. By joining The Alliance, you’ll become part of a passionate, collaborative, and supportive organization: one that fosters meaningful connections and relationships with high levels of employee engagement and satisfaction.
Our health plan is self-funded, which means we share the same interests and use the same tools that we offer our clients. We lead by example because when we take care of our employees, they take care of our clients (and their employees.)
We set our employees up for success, encouraging not only their professional advancement but also their personal growth. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package, including health/dental/vision/life insurances, a generous Staff Incentive Bonus program, 401(k), and annual Continuing Education and Wellness benefits.
To learn more about The Alliance click here.
The Alliance is unable to provide sponsorship for a H1-B work visa at this time.
Equal Opportunity Employer.