Health Policy Updates
Health Policy Awareness
Awareness is the first step in advocating for better health policy. The Alliance builds awareness by providing updates or links to current information on:
- Critical health policy or regulatory issues for self-funded employers at the federal or state level.
- Current Alliance activities that aim to influence health policy.
How You Can Get Involved:
- Share Your Story
- Join the Health Policy Committee.
- Connect your Government Affairs staff to The Alliance.
- Follow The Alliance Blog. New health policy posts on current issues are added each month.
- Attend Events focused on current topics, including our spring health policy event.
Health care affordability is gaining steam as a topic not just on the presidential debate stage but also among state and federal policy makers. Researchers at Altarum, a nonprofit health care consulting group, decided to dig into the relationship between the relative...read more
Governor Tony Evers created the Governor’s Task Force on Prescription Drug Pricing in response to a growing concern over rising drug prices. In announcing the task force, the Governor said, “Picking up a medication shouldn’t break the bank, but it often does for our...read more
Your voice matters! Make sure your elected representatives understand where you stand on public policy issues that matter to The Alliance and our members.
Step 2: Contact your elected representatives on policy items that matter to you, including participating in “Calls to Action” sponsored by The Alliance and our national partners. Share the story of your company and why pending policy decisions will make it easier, or harder, for you to offer high quality affordable health care coverage for your employees and their families.
Step 3: If you have government affairs staff or contract lobbyists, consider asking them to work with us on important health care issues.