In the spring, consider signing up for a CSA share. CSA is an arrangement between local farms and households. You pay a fee to the farm, which entitles you to a share of the farm’s harvest. Each week, or sometimes every other week, you pick up a box of fresh foods from the farm.
Your employer may offer a discount or reimbursement for CSA as part of a wellness program. Talk to your benefits manager for more information.
You can find farms offering CSA shares in any state at LocalHarvest. Learn more about CSAs by visiting the links below:
- FairShare CSA Coalition – Through education, outreach, community building and resource sharing, FairShare is working to raise the bar on quality and accessibility of CSA shares in our region.
- FRESH Food Connection – FRESH is a cooperatively organized group of Community-Supported Agriculture (CSA) farms in southern Wisconsin.
Getting Safer Health Care
Managing Your Medication
- Managing Your Prescriptions Safely
- Managing Your Medications at Home
- Managing Your Medication at the Hospital
- Medication Wallet Card
Preparing for Your Hospital Visit
- Planning Ahead for Surgery
- The Role of the Patient Advocate
- Preventing Infections in the Hospital — What You Can Do
After Your Hospital Visit
Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ)
Wisconsin Department of Health Services
State Bar of Wisconsin
- A Gift to Your Family — Planning Ahead for Future Health Needs (For additional resources, please visit www.wisbar.org)
- Consejos — para cuando visite a su médico
- Consejos — para cuando necesite pruebas médicas
- Le han Diagnosticado ¿Que es lo que Sigue?
- Utilizando Sus Medicamentos con Seguridad
Learning the Basics About Diabetes
- Facts About Type 1 Diabetes (American Diabetes Association)
- Facts About Type 2 Diabetes (American Diabetes Association)
- If You Have Diabetes, Know Your Blood Sugar Numbers
- Living With Diabetes: Blood Glucose Control
- Living With Diabetes: How Medications Work
- Dictionary for Understanding Diabetes-Related Terms
Working with Your Diabetes Care Team
Living Well with Diabetes
Understanding Long-Term Complications
Information about modifying lifestyle and behaviors, managing diabetes with medications as well as using complementary medicines and alternative therapies.
Managing Diabetes with Pharmaceuticals or Medications