ShareCap™: A Medical Stop-Loss Captive for Alliance Members
Learn about ShareCap:
Participating in a medical stop-loss captive can help you capture more savings from your self-funding investment. As participation grows, The Alliance will develop ShareCap as a “members-only” cell for Alliance employers.
- Goals of The Alliance Medical Stop-Loss Captive
- What does our stop-loss captive do for Alliance members
- Frequently asked questions
- How to know if you are ready or what amount of coverage to get
- What else should you know about stop-loss insurance?
- Delivering a competitive stop-loss rate.
- Sharing risk and rewards with other Alliance member.s
- Getting dividends when the captive performs well.
- Working with like-minded employers to reduce claim exposure, which helps further reduce your cost.
ShareCap covers one layer of medical claims risk – the most predictable layer – as a way to lower the cost of reinsurance.
Watch this video to learn the four building blocks of stop-loss savings:
Get a no-obligation captive proposal and see if it’s the right fit for you.
The Alliance will work with Berkley Accident & Health to provide an analysis of your stop-loss ratio. Sign this Letter of Authorization and we’ll do the rest of the work, which includes talking to your third-party administrator (TPA) to get claims data. When the analysis is complete, we’ll share the results with you and your broker.
Not Ready for a Captive?
Get Alliance discounts on stop-loss insurance.
The Alliance reaches out to stop-loss carriers to give them current data about the performance of our network. That helps members get better stop-loss rates. Learn more.