The Data Analyst plays a critical role at The Alliance by analyzing and understanding data to help tell the healthcare story. The Data Analyst provides data research, maintains data sets and performs new levels of data analysis for members of The Alliance while working with other analysts and members of our sales and marketing team.
- Takes a significant role in supporting the data needs of the Business Development and Member Services department including:
- Extracts data from databases and provides further research into data pulls, cleanses the information and maintains the data
- Builds out, generates, maintains and updates reports
- Completes analysis for prospect and member visits
- Assists with data needs for requests for proposals
- Takes data and prepares customized power points and other presentations for client meetings using broad industry knowledge and client information; at times may be co-presenting material to external parties.
- Assists other Business Development and Member Services staff in maintaining information in CRM for prospects, leads, members, brokers, Third Party Administrators and other business partner relationships.
- Collects information pertaining to employer/broker issues and provides ongoing written reports. Uses analytical skills to identify trends and proactively coordinates necessary changes to prevent ongoing problems.
- Works with other developers and analysts to further enhance how we deliver and disseminate data to the market. Uses information from a variety of sources to generate new ways of presenting information to member employers. Does further analysis to tell the story behind the data, looks for trends, patterns and then develops new tools and strategies for the Business Development and Member Services team.
- Liaisons with Alliance external partner analytic departments to build out, maintain and support data connections.
- Contributes to the success of Alliance marketing campaigns by working with the Marketing Data Technologist to:
- Collaborate on campaign plan targeted areas
- Help zero in on opportunity regions in both new and existing geographies.
- Identify prospect companies in selected geographies.
- Supply the prospect lists and any other data needed for the success of a campaign.
- Supports the CRM Administrator and Health Information Manager with recurring data analyses, larger ad-hoc data projects and with growing utilization of the CRM Supports within Business Development and Member Services.
- Responsible for responding to certain inquiries related to the methodology or calculations used to arrive at the various reports produced.
- B.S. in actuarial sciences, mathematics, economics, computer science or marketing with an emphasis in data analytics.
- Three years or more of proven experience in data analytics are required, preferably in a healthcare or insurance setting.
- Technical expertise regarding data models, database design and data mining.
- Strong knowledge of and experience with reporting packages (Business Objects etc.), databases (SQL etc.).
- Knowledge of statistics and experience with reporting packages for analyzing data sets preferred (Excel, SPSS etc.).
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Adept at queries, report writing and presenting findings.
- Experience with CRMs preferred.
- Effective communication skills able to work collaboratively.
The Alliance is unable to provide sponsorship for a H1-B work visa at this time.
Equal Opportunity Employer.