Are you looking for the chance to immediately contribute, expand your learning, and grow your career in a supportive, mission-oriented culture? The Alliance is seeking a self-motivated and results-oriented individual to join the team as an Marketing and Public Relations Specialist.
The Marketing and Public Relations Specialist manages projects that enhance The Alliance’s brand and market position as a trusted advisor in employee benefits. This newly created position is an essential contributor to the marketing and product development team in support of The Alliance’s strategic marketing plan. The specialist interacts with and influences a wide variety of stakeholders, including the media, Alliance senior management, and other departments including Business Development, Member Services, and Sales Operations and Technology.
The Marketing and Public Relations Specialist is responsible for these important responsibilities:
Marketing Strategy and Project Management
Takes an active role on the marketing and product development team to help generate ideas, organize promotions and execute communication plans. This work includes:
- Managing processes and timelines for marketing team initiatives and ensuring all projects are delivered on time and within budget.
- Meeting with key stakeholders on cross-department projects to identify needs, clearly communicate team member roles for process execution, and helps ensure projects run smoothly from start to finish.
- Assisting in the skillful movement of major marketing communications projects from concept through review and distribution. This includes acting as a liaison between The Alliance and additional partners, internally and externally, on projects.
- Serving as a champion of readability to help The Alliance target its materials to its appropriate audience, which may include employers, consumers, brokers, prospects, legislators or other groups. This may include some writing, editing and proofreading, as well as ensuring the content is in line with brand standards of The Alliance.
- Assisting in development and implementation of marketing plans specific to products and services and The Alliance brand positioning.
- Understanding, communicating, and applying emerging marketing and communications trends to daily work.
- Thinking “visually” in translating topics into charts, infographics, videos, photos and other visual elements that help advance The Alliance message and can be effectively re-purposed.
- Supports other activities of the Marketing and Product Development team as assigned by the Director of Marketing & Products.
- Contributing to effectiveness of internal CRM system.
Public Relations Liaison
- Works with targeted organizations to increase visibility of The Alliance as a trusted thought leader through external opportunities such as public appearances, speaking opportunities, and sponsorships related to meetings, events, exhibits and conventions. Conducts annual planning to support this function in conjunction with the strategic marketing plan.
- Working with the Director of Marketing & Products and external PR vendors, support the development of annual advertising plan; manage ad “versions” to make sure they meet publication standards and deadlines.
- Coordinates the Health Transformation Awards, including the call for nominations process, preparing nominations for the board, communicating with nominees and recipients, planning the award ceremony, and sharing information about award recipients’ post-event.
The ideal candidate has outstanding project management, organization, and deadline management skills and experience in marketing and public relations concepts. In addition s/he will be:
- Creative, versatile and resourceful.
- An excellent communicator who is able to present ideas to a wide variety of stakeholders, whether in person or in writing. Must possess excellent questioning, listening and persuasive skills.
- Able to collaborate, problem solve, and thrive in a mission-driven fast-paced environment.
- Experienced in marketing and public relations (a minimum of five years’ experience), ideally in employee benefits, health care or cooperative environments.
Candidates should have a bachelor’s degree in marketing, business administration or related field (or equivalent experience).
Celebrating 30 years as a not-for-profit, employer-owned cooperative, The Alliance exists to help our members manage their health care costs, improve quality and engage individuals in their health. We serve more than 250 employers in Wisconsin, Illinois, Iowa, and Minnesota and contract with more than 23,000 health care providers and specialists across that region. We provide information and resources to help members make health care purchases based on value and create healthier workforces.
In this role you’ll be backed by a strong sales, member services, marketing, customer service, contracting, technology and administrative teams. You’ll be part of an organization with high levels of employee engagement. The Alliance is mission-driven, member-centered, respectful, and supportive of team members.
The Alliance is unable to provide sponsorship for a H1-B work visa at this time.
Equal Opportunity Employer.