The Alliance is seeking a great and creative writer and editor to join the team as a Marketing Content Specialist. If you are looking to expand your learning, work with a collaborative team and grow your career in a mission-oriented culture this could be the role for you.
The Marketing Content Specialist provides writing and editing as part of ongoing efforts to raise the market and brand awareness of The Alliance. The position assists in the development of effective communications and marketing materials for Alliance members, business partners and other parties. In addition the role is an essential contributor to the marketing and product development team in support of The Alliance’s strategic marketing plan.
- Act as lead copywriter for all marketing messaging including paid media, email, website, landing pages, case studies, infographics, industry reports, white papers, eBooks, blogs, press releases, etc. This includes researching, writing, and editing marketing content to advance thought leadership, attract prospects, educate existing customers, collaborate with partners, and build a strong brand presence. Works collaboratively with internal groups to help meet their needs for marketing communications that engage members, attract prospects, appeal to consumers and meet Alliance objectives.
- Coordinating efforts to re-purpose materials as part of a content marketing strategy, including social media.
- Serving as an essential contributor to the marketing and product development team, reporting to the Director of Marketing and Product Development and working with colleagues on all aspects of content development. Related tasks may include executing marketing plans; implementing sales campaigns; promoting products, services, and events; assisting in media relations efforts; and supporting legislative outreach.
- Co-develops an annual editorial calendar around key topics for the website, blog, paid media, earned media, etc. to ensure we have topics readily available and are publishing and promoting similar things across channels, adjusting the content for each channel to be appropriate.
- Leads the social media initiatives, with assigned responsibility for developing a plan around all social media channels (LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter) and writing content for and engaging on those platforms. Monitors social media developments to recognize opportunities for The Alliance.
- Skillfully moves major marketing communications projects from concept through review and distribution.
- Works with the marketing and product development team to coordinate the e-newsletters, including planning, writing, editing and distributing with the Production Designer.
- Assists with media relations by helping maintain media release lists; writing news releases; distributing news releases; monitoring Google Alerts for stories about The Alliance and its members and partners; and providing backup as needed to the Director of Marketing and Product Development and the remainder of the marketing and product development.
- Provides support for Alliance Learning Circles as part of the marketing and product development team. This may include creating marketing materials and working at events.
- Takes an active role on the marketing and product development team to help generate ideas, organize promotions and execute communication plans.
The ideal candidate will be versatile and able to handle a wide variety of writing projects as well as assist in print or online production. In addition s/he will be:
- Able to produce accurate copy in a timely manner.
- An creative and excellent writer who also possess strong oral communication skills, including questioning and listening skills for gathering critical information.
- Self-motivated and goal-oriented.
- Able to collaborate, research, problem solve, and thrive in a mission-driven fast-paced environment.
- Three years’ experience in promotional or journalistic writing is required. Web and social media experience, including writing for SEO, is preferred along with industry experience in cooperative organizations, health benefits and/or health care.
Candidates should have a bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, or related field (or equivalent experience).
Celebrating 30 years as a not-for-profit, employer-owned cooperative, The Alliance exists to help our members manage their health care costs, improve quality and engage individuals in their health. We serve more than 250 employers in Wisconsin, Illinois, Iowa, and Minnesota and contract with more than 23,000 health care providers and specialists across that region. We provide information and resources to help members make health care purchases based on value and create healthier workforces.
In this role you’ll be backed by a strong sales, member services, marketing, customer service, technology and administrative teams. You’ll be part of an organization with high levels of employee engagement. The Alliance is mission-driven, member-centered, respectful, and supportive of team members.
The Alliance is unable to provide sponsorship for a H1-B work visa at this time.
Equal Opportunity Employer.