Be an Important Part of The Alliance’s Mission!
The Alliance serves as the voice for employers that self-fund their health benefit plans and want more control over their costs. We offer custom, high-value provider networks (Smarter Networks℠) that drive serious savings for our clients while drastically improving their employees’ access to high-value health care.
We’re smart, confident, and optimistic; we have an undeniable passion for – and commitment to – improving the physical, emotional, and financial well-being of our clients and their employees. This is our life’s work, and driven by our shared values, we take it seriously but do it with a smile.
The Sales Operation Client Information Specialist will work in conjunction with other analysts, developers, and department team members to fulfill the data needs in the area of Business Development & Member Services. This role supports the organization by performing analysis of member (client) and market information, assembling comprehensive presentations, interpreting market information into actionable intelligence, and supporting technical applications. Additionally, The Sales Operations Client Information Specialist may need to be available to run ad hoc analysis, answer questions about data, and work with team members to do deeper levels of analysis to answer questions that arise from sharing data with employers.
- Client Intelligence, Analysis & Reporting
- Monitors requests for employer analysis, pulls required datasets together, assembles into a presentable form, and coaches Account Executives on key highlights. At times, will need to respond to further analytical requests to investigate questions that arise from reporting packages.
- Runs and compiles Employer Geographic Reports and Provider Disruptions reports in response to Requests for Proposal (RFPs) for The Alliance membership.
- Positively enhances The Alliance relationships with stakeholders by responding to issues and questions in a timely manner.
- Interprets and presents information from internal and external databases for use in the market related to product research and business development initiatives.
- Tracks market and competitive intelligence and research. Builds, maintains, and updates reports on agency/broker partners, Third-Party Administrators, and competitive intelligence for a deeper understanding of the competitive environment.
- Uses analytical skills to identify trends and proactively coordinate necessary changes to prevent problems.
- Helps collect and report on client “stories” identifying themes, trends, and take next steps if any.
- Collates and aggregates miscellaneous customer feedback received by The Alliance staff.
- Supports product development and client services initiatives through assistance in pilot demonstration projects.
- Data Validity and Maintenance
- Provides further analysis to tell the story behind the data, looks for trends and patterns, and develops new solutions and strategies for the Business Development and Account Management teams.
- Researches and stays informed of trends and developments which influence the cooperative or health benefit industry.
- Assists with the identification and creation of goals, benchmarks, and other key data drivers to be used in the evaluation and client processes and experiences.
- Continually brainstorms improvements to further enhance how we deliver and disseminate data to the market.
Technical Application Support (Microsoft Dynamics Customer Relationship Management)
- Exhibits a proven ability to modify and support the CRM application (Many of the datasets used will be maintained via CRM) to meet organizational needs for reporting tools, capturing user needs, establishing CRM standards, and conducting basic-level configuration.
- Educates and trains staff on the use of CRM. Develops and disseminates CRM users’ guides and informational references.
- Writes SQL queries, bringing data together from CRM and other internal systems. Utilizes more common queries leveraging SSRS to build user-friendly, self-serve reporting solutions and automate sending reports.
- Supports the utilization of CRM in the organization by:
- Acts as an internal Help Desk resource in CRM for Business Development & Account Management teams.
- Manages the data cleanliness of customer records across CRM.
- Enters pertinent data into the CRM.
In addition to providing analytical and data integrity expertise, the Information Specialist requires someone with strong verbal and written communication skills to interact professionally across multiple departments. Additionally, the ideal candidate will have:
- Expertise in data tools used by The Alliance including, but not limited to, SQL Server Management Studio, SQL Server Integration Services, SQL Services Reporting Services, Microsoft Excel, Tableau, Power BI, Microsoft Customer Relationship Management (CRM) System and Visual Basic.
- A bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience, in information technology or a related field and with a focus on data integrity and analytics.
- Two years’ experience in a professional setting and proven experience in data maintenance and analytics, preferably in a healthcare or insurance setting. Preference given toward experience working with data extraction tools, relevant experience in CRM applications, and database management.
- Technical expertise regarding data extraction, transformation and loading.
This position can initially work remotely, if desired, and post-pandemic the position will mostly work in the office.
As a not-for-profit cooperative, The Alliance is employer-owned and remains a trusted, objective partner for employers and their brokers who seek improved access to high-quality healthcare.
We’re Madison-based, but we work with 285+ employers across the Midwest and contract with over 31,000 doctors and health care providers in the region. Our goal is to help employers better manage their healthcare costs while remaining transparent and emphasizing value – creating healthier, more engaged workforces.
The Alliance is celebrating over 30 years as a mission-driven and member-focused collective with experienced leadership and strong organizational departments backed by top talent. By joining The Alliance, you’ll become part of a passionate, collaborative, and supportive organization: one that fosters meaningful connections and relationships with high levels of employee engagement and satisfaction.
Our health plan is self-funded, which means we share the same interests and use the same tools that we offer our clients. We lead by example because when we take care of our employees, they take care of our clients (and their employees.)
We set our employees up for success, encouraging not only their professional advancement but also their personal growth. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package, including health/dental/vision/life insurances, a generous Staff Incentive Bonus program, 401(k), and annual Continuing Education and Wellness benefits.
The Alliance is unable to provide sponsorship for a H1-B work visa at this time.
Equal Opportunity Employer.