Be an Important Part of The Alliance’s Mission!
The Alliance serves as the voice for employers that self-fund their health benefit plans and want more control over their costs. We offer custom, high-value provider networks (SmarterNetworks℠) that drive serious savings for our clients while drastically improving their employees’ access to high-value health care.
We’re smart, confident, and optimistic; we have an undeniable passion for – and commitment to – improving the physical, emotional, and financial well-being of our clients and their employees. This is our life’s work, and driven by our shared values, we take it seriously but do it with a smile.
As the Sales Operations Specialist you’ll work with Business Development, Member Services, Marketing, and Sales Operations to support our clients.
Alliance Client (Membership) Responsibilities – works closely with team members from Business Development and Member Services. Duties may include:
- Ensures the smoothest transition possible from Business Development to Member Services, as well as into The Alliance systems for timely claims processing and servicing.
- Executing the onboarding, change, and termination processes for clients.
- Works with Manager of Sales Operations and Technology and other internal stakeholders on new technologies and system changes to optimize the client experience.
- Serves as an office-based contact for Business Development and Member Services for incoming phone calls, supporting the team members with service issues, and preparation of reporting packages.
- Prepares business documents for Business Development and Member Services. Including correspondence and presentations for client meetings on occasion.
- Handles annual projects including: notifying clients and other stakeholders of annual price changes, preparing and coordinating the distribution of the patronage distribution, and managing the Member Verification Project.
- Supports processes related to the onboarding, updating, and removal of clients from the QualityPath® product.
Data Integrity Responsibilities – Takes a lead role for the data integrity within The Alliances CRM system. Duties may include:
- Enters data promptly in CRM and maintains records to reflect the most updated information on opportunities, RFP information, prospects, and business connections.
- Conducts audits and runs maintenance reports on CRM data. Researches problems and involves others as necessary to resolve data issues.
- Fulfills data requests and conducts research for others as it pertains to CRM data.
- Stays apprised of business needs and process changes and proactively works with the Manager of Sales Ops and Technology on system enhancements.
Processes & Procedures Responsibilities – Works to ensure process and procedures in Sales Operations are efficient by:
- Documents operating procedures, workflows, and process steps for activities that keep operations between Business Development, Member Services and other key areas running smoothly.
- Reviews business processes and facilitates the re-engineering and implementation of new/improved processes.
- Assists in the development of new processes for products/initiatives which may include developing plans, schedules, and facilitation of meetings with internal and external stakeholders. Keeps resource documentation up-to-date and provides staff training as needed.
Coordination & Organization Responsibilities – Performs responsibilities to keep the Sales Operations organized and focused. Coordinates multiple projects simultaneously in support of both internal and external clients. Examples include: coordinating projects, managing department schedule, coordinating meetings, assisting with department budget, managing department travel planning, and assisting with department or Alliance events.
In addition to being a client-focused and capable problem solver, this role needs a personal communicator who likes details, organization, and technology (Microsoft Suite, databases and CRMs). The ideal candidate will have a bachelor’s degree in business or related field or a minimum of five years of experience in health insurance. A State of Wisconsin Health and Life Insurance license is required, although may be obtained during employment.
Currently this position works remote and post-pandemic the position can work remote one to two days/week.
As a not-for-profit cooperative, The Alliance is employer-owned and remains a trusted, objective partner for employers and their brokers who seek improved access to high-quality healthcare.
We’re Madison-based, but we work with 275+ employers across the Midwest and contract with over 27,000 doctors and health care providers in the region. Our goal is to help employers better manage their healthcare costs while remaining transparent and emphasizing value – creating healthier, more engaged workforces.
The Alliance is celebrating over 30 years as a mission-driven and member-focused collective with experienced leadership and strong organizational departments backed by top talent. By joining The Alliance, you’ll become part of a passionate, collaborative, and supportive organization: one that fosters meaningful connections and relationships with high levels of employee engagement and satisfaction.
Our health plan is self-funded, which means we share the same interests and use the same tools that we offer our clients. We lead by example because when we take care of our employees, they take care of our clients (and their employees.)
We set our employees up for success, encouraging not only their professional advancement but also their personal growth. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package, including health/dental/vision/life insurances, a generous Staff Incentive Bonus program, 401(k), and annual Continuing Education and Wellness benefits.
The Alliance is unable to provide sponsorship for a H1-B work visa at this time.
Equal Opportunity Employer.