The Opportunity with The Alliance:
This critical role manages the activities that keep operations between the Sales and Marketing functions and other functions running smoothly. The role also oversees and conducts various projects to support and strengthen Alliance membership.
Business Development – The Sr. Sales Operations Specialist has the primary responsibility for insuring the smoothest transition possible from Business Development to Member Services, as well as into The Alliance systems for timely claims processing and service. Duties include:
- Executes onboarding process for new members.
- Works with external stakeholders (e.g. agents, Third-Party Administrators (TPAs) and new client members) to collect necessary information.
- Coordinates with TPAs and provides approval of ID cards for new Alliance members.
- Continual refinement, documentation and education to impacted staff of the onboarding process for new members.
- Works with key internal stakeholders on new technologies and system changes to perfect the onboarding experience.
- Performs data entry of related information into key systems and coordinates cross departmental tasks for claims processing functions.
- Occasionally drafts business correspondence for Business Development staff.
- Serves as an office based contact for Business Development for phone calls or supporting the team members with service issues.
- Executes all membership change and termination processes for current members, once notified by Member Services.
- Continual refinement, documentation and education to impacted staff on the change and termination processes for current membership.
- Creates a process for new Alliance members to receive information portfolios with details about The Alliance, polices, procedures, contact information and more. Manages the continued maintenance and assembly of these portfolios.
- Completes annual projects including: notifying members and other stakeholders of annual price changes, preparing and coordinating the distribution of the patronage distribution, and manages the Member Verification Project that collects information on current Alliance members keeping our system records up to date.
- Coordinates and provides in-office support for Member Services staff.
Data Integrity – Responsible for the data integrity within The Alliance’s CRM (Cutomer Relationship Management) and manages the corresponding policies and procedures staff follow for maintaining information.
- Performs data entry, maintains records, audits and runs maintenance reports on CRM data.
- Fulfills data requests and conducts research for others as it pertains to CRM data.
- Establishes, documents and is constantly refining policies and procedure that support data integrity.
- Trains staff on the member CRM policies, procedures and use of the member CRM.
QualityPath – Serves as the externally facing resource for assisting members participating in The Alliance QualityPath program.
Processes & Procedures – Documents operating procedures, workflows and process steps for activities that keep operations between Business Development, Member Services and other key areas running smoothly.
This important role requires a strong communicator who is especially skilled at building process and relationships. Key skills and characteristics include:
- Strong written and oral communication skills, able to effectively interface with both internal staff and external customers and vendors.
- Excellent with Microsoft Office Suite and experience with CRMs.
- Detail and processed focused, able to positively support others in following process
- Skilled in project management and organizational skills.
- A bachelor degree in Marketing, Communications, Sales or Health Administration or equivalent experience.
- Ability to obtain Wisconsin Health and Life Insurance license within 18 months of hire.
- A minimum of one year’s experience in account management with an insurance carrier or a broker
Celebrating 30 years as a not-for-profit, employer-owned cooperative, The Alliance exists to help our members manage their health care costs, improve quality and engage individuals in their health. We serve more than 250 employers in Wisconsin, Illinois and Iowa and contract with more than 34,000 health care providers and specialists across that region. We provide information and resources to help members make health care purchases based on value and create healthier workforces.
In this role you’ll be backed by a strong sales, member services, marketing, customer service, technology and administrative teams. You’ll be part of an organization with high levels of employee engagement and satisfaction. The Alliance is mission-driven, member-centered, respectful, and supportive of team members.
The Alliance is unable to provide sponsorship for a H1-B work visa at this time.
Equal Opportunity Employer.