The goal of The Alliance’s health policy function is to:
- Provide timely and objective information to members,
- Become a resource to public policy makers, and
- Take action on issues that are likely to impact Alliance members and that are consistent with our mission.
Read our Health Policy Platform.
The Alliance is a member of the American Benefits Council on behalf of employers who belong to our cooperative. We regularly share information about Council activities and pass along educational materials and learning opportunities.
The Alliance works with Michael Best Strategies to tap its expertise in government relations, lobbying and stakeholder engagement. Working on behalf of The Alliance, experts from Michael Best Strategies regularly monitor health care legislation and regulations that may impact self-funded employers at the national level as well as in the states of Wisconsin and Illinois. Michael Best Strategies works closely with the Health Policy Committee as well as Alliance leadership to stay in touch with members’ concerns.
Health Policy Updates
- Employer Wellness Plan Incentives to be removed from EEOC Rules
- The Alliance Urges CMS to Adopt Proposed Rules for Direct-to-Consumer Drug Advertising
- CMS Proposes Decreasing Patient Safety Transparency
Health Reform Updates
- NAHCP Submits Comment Letter on American Patients First Drug Pricing Blueprint
- The Alliance Joins in Urging Senate to Avoid Taxing Employer Coverage
- What do the latest health reform proposals mean to employers?
Healthy Policy News & Updates
Executive Order on Improving Price and Quality Transparency – A Lot for Employers and Consumers to Like!