Advocating for Change in Health Care Legislation
Learn What We’ve Done
- In August 2019, we urged the House and Senate to provide accessible, affordable coverage for Americans during the COVID-19 pandemic while mitigating insurance risk and protecting patients from price-gouging. We did it again in December 2020.
- Contacted legislators about the need to repeal the Cadillac Tax.
- Signed on to “open letters” from organizations like the American Benefits Council and The National Alliance of Healthcare Purchasers Coalitions to educate Congress about health policy issues.
- Commented on pending regulations at the state and federal level.
- Testified to the U.S. Senate Finance Committee In 2014.
- Testified to the U.S. Senate Health, Education, Labor and Pensions (HELP) Committee in 2018.
- Urged lawmakers to support the Lower Health Care Costs Act in 2019.
- Supported The Leapfrog Group’s letter on proposed CMS rules and regulations asking for transparency in Public Reporting.
- Signed on to ERISA’s letter to the Senate objecting surprise medical billing.
- Brought our members to speak in front of Wisconsin Governor Tony Evers’ drug task force to reduce prescription drug prices in 2020.
The Alliance partners with other coalitions and organizations in order to leverage a stronger voice with lawmakers, stay informed with timely insights and political opportunities, and collaborate with other self-funded employers and groups. This enables us to share those insights with our members in the form of educational opportunities and events.
The National Alliance of Healthcare Purchaser Coalitions offers insights on current health policy issues and may comment or reach out to legislators regarding issues that impact health care purchasers. The Alliance belongs to this organization on behalf of employer-members.
The American Benefits Council provides expertise and education on health policy issues. The Alliance belongs to The Council on behalf of employer-members, which enables us to join in Council activities and pass along educational materials and learning opportunities.