- This event has passed.
Let’s Talk About Trend: The Alliance Annual Benefits Roundtable
2016, Dec 13 @ 8:00 am - 11:30 am
Are you prepared for the trend of medical costs in 2017 and beyond? Do you understand the “inflators” and “deflators” that could impact your health benefit plan? Can you count on high-value health care to make a difference in your bottom line?
This event provided:
- An expert analysis of medical cost trend from PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC)
- A report on Alliance members’ practices, based on the Annual Benefits Survey
- A benefits roundtable discussion with the opportunity to network and learn from your peers.
|8:30 – 8:35 a.m.||Welcome & Opening Comments|
|8:35 – 9:35 a.m.||PwC Medical Cost Trend Report
|9:35 – 10 a.m.||The Alliance Employer Benefit Summary – Key Findings
|10 – 10:10 a.m.||Networking Break|
|10:10 – 11:10 a.m.||Roundtable Discussion|
|11:10 – 11:25 a.m.||Roundtable Report-Out|
|11:25 – 11:30 a.m.||Closing Comments & Adjourn|
Keynote Speaker: Benjamin Isgur, leader, PwC Health Research Institute
Benjamin Isgur leads PwC’s Health Research Institute (HRI). HRI is a dedicated research group that provides new intelligence, perspective and analysis on major health-related business issues. In this role, Isgur oversees thought leadership and research initiatives for the firm and clients. He also consults with health care systems, trade associations and policy groups on strategic planning, and industry intelligence and trends. Isgur is a published writer and his research is often cited by health leaders across the industry.
Isgur’s presentation on PwC’s Medical Cost Trend: Behind the Numbers 2017 report will include:
- Overview of medical cost trends
- How employers can think about trends
- Macro-economic trends in areas of growth nationwide
- What pushes the trend (inflators and deflators)
- Trends on self-funded employers (telemedicine, value based purchasing, steerage, specialty pharmacy, etc.)
- Conclusions and implications the trends will have on employers