MADISON, Wis. (November 13, 2019) ─ Jake Nolin, Director of Human Resources at Rice Lake Weighing Systems, has been appointed to The Alliance Board of Directors effective January 1, 2020.
Among his many duties at Rice Lake Weighing Systems, Jake is leading the charge to provide high-value health care at his company. He said, “Six years ago it became clear that the cost of fully insured health plans is unsustainable for our business, employees and their families. Since then, we have been able to offer better healthcare benefits at a lower cost.” Rice Lake Weighing Systems credits much of its success to its like-minded partners at The Alliance for access to contracted care, Alithias for healthcare pricing transparency and advocacy, and Neopath Health to run Cedar Ridge, a no-cost direct primary care Health Center for their members. Jake says, “once we had the basic tools in place, the most important part became educating and incentivizing our Take Control of Your Health Plan members to be smart healthcare consumers.” Prior to joining Rice Lake Weighing Systems in 2011, Nolin held human resources leadership positions at Fortune Brands, Newell-Rubbermaid, and GKN. Jake was also a partner at Competitive Dynamics International and a Project Director at The Pacific Institute.
Jake graduated Magna Cum Laude from Northern Illinois University with a bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management. Jake earned an M.B.A. in Human Resource Management and a master’s degree in Business Law with honors from the University of Miami, Florida. Jake is certified as a Senior Professional in Human Resources, a Master Trainer for Mission Directed Work Teams, and a Master Facilitator for Investment In Excellence and Thought Patterns for High Performance.
The Alliance board also includes:
- Richard Campbell, head of human resources, ABS Global, a division of Genus PLC
- Diana Clark, benefits manager, Promega Corporation, Madison, Wis.
- Wendy Culver, chief human resources officer, Mead & Hunt, Madison, Wis.
- Mick Gronewold, owner, Fehr Graham, Rockford, Ill.
- Lisa Henke, risk/benefits manager, County of Walworth, Elkhorn, Wis.
- Brad Olm, vice president of human resources, Gordon Flesch Company, Inc., Madison, Wis.
- Craig Parsons, president, Palmer Johnson Power Systems, Sun Prairie, Wis.
- Kyle Reading, president, Spuncast, Watertown, Wis.
- Larry Pribyl, chief financial officer, Trachte Building Systems, Sun Prairie, Wis.
- Shirley Reif, secretary-treasurer, Crest Foods Company, Inc., Ashton Ill.
The Alliance Board of Directors works together with staff to set the direction for The Alliance. The Alliance is a not-for-profit cooperative that moves health care forward by controlling costs, improving quality, and engaging individuals in their health. Members include more than 250 self-funded employers, and multiemployer plans in Wisconsin, Illinois and Iowa.
To learn more about The Alliance Board, including biographies, visit: https://the-alliance.org/people/