MADISON, WI. (October 22, 2020) – Tena Hoag, CFO at Advanced Laser in Chippewa Falls, WI, has been appointed to The Alliance Board of Directors.
“The employees and events of The Alliance helped me shape our benefit strategies in recent years, so I am delighted to give back via board service.” stated Hoag.
Hoag has greatly expanded her 160 employees’ access to high-value health care by providing a shared near-site clinic for her employees. The program offers no- and low-cost solutions for wellbeing including primary care, behavioral health, and physical therapy services. Additionally, Hoag has continually supported and educated other employers and local government entities through speaking engagements, radio segments, and other hosted events. In February she spoke to Governor Evers’ Task Force on Reducing Prescription Drug Prices to influence change on issues that negatively affect employee health and prescription spend.
The Alliance serves as the voice for self-funded employers who want more control over their costs by providing transparent, creative approaches to network and benefit plan design to unlock savings where others can’t – or won’t – using Smarter NetworksSM and sophisticated data mining and analysis.
The Alliance Board of Directors works together with staff to set the direction for The Alliance. The Board also includes:
- Richard Campbell, head of human resources, ABS Global, DeForest, Wis.
- Diana Clark, benefits manager, Promega Corporation, Madison, Wis.
- Wendy Culver, chief human resources officer, Mead & Hunt, Madison, Wis.
- Mick Gronewold, owner, Fehr Graham, Rockford, Ill.
- Lisa Henke, risk/benefits manager, County of Walworth, Elkhorn, Wis.
- Brad Olm, vice president of human resources, Gordon Flesch Company, Inc., Madison, Wis.
- Craig Parsons, president, Palmer Johnson Power Systems, Sun Prairie, Wis.
- Kyle Reading, president, Spuncast, Watertown, Wis.
- Jake Nolin, director of human resources, Rice Lake Weighing Systems, Rice Lake, Wis.
- Shirley Reif, secretary-treasurer, Crest Foods Company, Inc., Ashton, Ill.
To learn more about The Alliance Board, including biographies, please visit: https://the-alliance.org/people/
Hoag joined Advanced Laser as the CFO in 2014 and oversees all finance and human resource functions, including benefit plan offerings and design. Prior to that, she spent 15 years in highly regulated manufacturing operations around the country with companies such as Phillips Medisize, HJ Heinz, McCain Foods, and Jennie-O Turkey Store. This wide exposure only deepened her belief that employees in manufacturing are the lifeblood of the American economy. Providing for them drives her continual education on healthcare reform and sharing this knowledge with other businesses and local government entities only increases community impact.
Hoag has an MBA from UW-Eau Claire, and serves on a variety of nonprofit boards including: Junior Achievement, CVTC Foundation, Women’ Business Center, and the Chippewa Falls Industrial Development Corporation.
Celebrating 30 years as a mission-driven, not-for-profit cooperative, The Alliance is employer-owned and remains a trusted, objective partner for employers and their brokers who seek improved access to high-quality healthcare, working with more than 275 employers across the Midwest, and contracting with over 34,000 health care providers and specialists in the region.
Senior Marketing & Public Relations Specialist