What Is A Cooperative?
The Benefits of Joining a Cooperative
Cooperatives seek to maximize benefits to its members who participate in the cooperative. For The Alliance, that means focusing on helping employers achieve savings on health costs. When a cooperative makes a profit, it returns a portion of it back to each member based on the level of their participation. This is what we refer to as our Cooperative Shareholder Benefit, or patronage dividend, paid to our members annually.
Joining The Alliance cooperative grants you exclusive partnerships, initiatives, and programs offered by The Alliance to help you improve the health and wellness of your employees and manage your health costs and benefits.
What Makes The Alliance Cooperative Different?
The Alliance serves as the voice for self-funded employers who are tired of traditional health care and want more control over their costs. We provide transparent, creative approaches to network and benefit plan design to unlock savings where others can’t – or won’t – using Smarter NetworksSM and sophisticated data mining and analysis. (Learn more about self-funding here.)
Partnerships, Programs, and Products
Here’s a few initiatives and partnerships you’ll gain access to as part of The Alliance cooperative:
- Smarter NetworksSM to give you and your employees access to the right networks.
- Smarter HealthSM to guide you make more informed benefit plan design decisions.
- QualityPath® and Bundled Services for Select Surgeries and Tests to help keep costs down.
- High-Value Primary Care
- ShareCap™ Medical Stop-Loss Captive to help you capture more savings from your self-funding investment.
- Health Policy, including membership in the American Benefits Council to provide timely and objective information to members, become a resource to public policy makers, and take action on issues that are consistent with our mission and likely to impact members of The Alliance.
- National CooperativeRx
- Delta Dental and DeltaVision
- National Network Access
- Stop-Loss Solutions
- The Alliance Workers’ Compensation Solution
- The Wellness Council of Wisconsin
- The American Benefits Council
- The National Alliance of Healthcare Purchaser Coalitions
- The ERISA Industry Committee (ERIC)
- RAND Corporation
- Wisconsin Statewide Health Information Network (WISHIN)
- Wisconsin Health Information Organization (WHIO)
- Wisconsin Collaborative for Healthcare Quality (WHCQ)