Healthcare Transformation Awards
In 2015, The Alliance® Board of Directors established the Healthcare Transformation Awards program to recognize people and/or organizations that demonstrated alignment with The Alliance mission of moving health care forward by controlling costs, improving quality, and engaging individuals in their health.
Today, the awards have shifted to align with our High-Value Health Care strategy and are announced at the The Alliance Fall Symposium & Annual Meeting.
Healthcare Transformation Awards Criteria
Healthcare Transformation Award recipients must demonstrate their commitment to promoting effective change in the health care marketplace based on one or more of the following criteria:
- High-Value Health Care: Is taking action to significantly improve the quality and/or affordability of health care
- Transparency: Is achieving significant gains in the availability and/or use of meaningful information to compare price and quality
- Payment Reform: Is developing, testing, or implementing value-based payment approaches to encourage high-quality, affordable care
- Provider Network Design: Is developing, testing, or implementing approaches to make high-value health care providers easily accessible to employees
- Benefit Plan Design: Is developing, testing, or implementing approaches to support the appropriate use of high-value providers and treatments by consumers
Healthcare Transformation Award Winners 2020
Four Healthcare Transformation Awards were given to individuals or organizations that made significant contributions to transforming health care in their communities when The Alliance held its 30th Annual Fall Symposium and Business Meeting on Oct. 1, 2020. (The Alliance decided to forgo the Healthcare Transformation Awards in 2021 due to receiving few submissions that met the award’s high standards.)
- Gundersen Health System
- John Nygren, Wisconsin State Representative
- Open Notes, Catherine DesRoches
- Miniature Precision Components
- Wisconsin Collaborative for Healthcare Quality (WCHQ)
- Beaver Dam Community Hospital
- The Leapfrog Group
- Natasha Plank-Ottum, CEO of Plank Enterprises
- Valerie Shields, Stoughton, Wis.
- Webcrafters Inc.
- Dianne Kiehl, “Driver of Meaningful Change”, Executive Director, The Business Health Care Group
- QualityPath Designated Hospitals and Doctors
- Dr. Thomas Lewandowski
- Dr. Anthony DeFranco
- Dr. Tim Bartholow