This event has passed.
Obesity doesn’t just influence employees’ waistlines, but also employers’ bottom lines, which is why we want to help employers understand its causes and effects on health – and how their employees and businesses are impacted – and offer best practices and guidance on how to manage this epidemic in the workplace.
The Alliance will be joined by Wisconsin Collaborative for Healthcare Quality (WCHQ), M3 Insurance, and Health Payment Systems (HPS) to bring forth an employer panel and several subject matter experts in psychology, primary care, health communications, human resources, and obesity medicine to help address this all-too-common chronic illness in an integrated, straightforward manner.
The Wisconsin Collaborative for Healthcare Quality is a multi-stakeholder collaborative that includes all Wisconsin health systems and their affiliated medical clinics and several dental practices. As a member-driven organization, WCHQ members publicly report clinical performance data and use that information to collectively drive improvement, promote transparency and increase equity in health care.
M3 is an independent and privately owned insurance broker that helps employers manage risk, purchase insurance, and provide benefits to their employees. They partner with clients on everything from property & casualty and employee benefits to personal lines, executive benefits, and employer-sponsored retirement plans.
HPS is a broad, independent Wisconsin health network that simplifies billing, assumes responsibility for patient debt and more. HPS’s goal is to reduce the cost of healthcare administration while maintaining the highest level of provider and patient satisfaction in the industry through a better payment and reimbursement system.
Schedule of Events:
9:00am – 9:05am | Welcome & Opening Remarks
- Melina Kambitsi, Ph.D., senior vice president, business development and strategic marketing, The Alliance
- Jen Koberstein, program manager, Wisconsin Collaborative for Healthcare Quality
9:05am – 10:10 am | Disease & Psychology
- Obesity in Wisconsin, Christopher Weber, MD, bariatric medical director, Ascension Wisconsin
- Treating Obesity, Melanie Smith, DO, family medicine and obesity, Advocate Aurora
- The Costs, Behavior, and Psychology of Obesity, John Briggs, Ph.D., ThedaCare Behavioral Health
- Q&A for Doctors, Jen Koberstein, Melina Kambitsi, Ph.D.
10:10am – 10:55 am | Employer Panel
- Abby Ammerman, health strategy and communications, H-E-B
- Lauren Schrage, director of operations, Aspirus Health Plan
- Teresa Pulvermacher, president and medical director, Weber Group
10:55am – 11:00am | Closing Remarks
- Melina Kambitsi, Ph.D
This event has been approved for HCRI and SHRM CE Credits.